Energy Efficient Design and Application Consultancy
Buildings are responsible 1/3 of greenhouse gas emissions in the world. In this case, improvements in the field of energy performance of buildings will also affect the other sectors. Energy efficient design is the most economical way to prevent indoor and outdoor air pollution and to meet our future energy needs.
Energy efficient buildings are passive systems that are designed with accuracy to climatic features due to benefit from renewable energy sources. Mechanical and electric systems are designed to operate in compliance with these passive systems. Energy efficiency should be applied also to the whole infrastructure systems of buildings. Architectural design, building and structure systems, electric and mechanic systems generate these sub-systems. Buildings should be designed to provide maximum thermal, visual, and acoustic comfort for users through natural ways and to consume minimum energy in order to be energy efficient. In this respect, Ekomim also provides architectural design and engineering services for energy efficient building design and its application.
In accordance with these services, all physical environmental controls are done by Ekomim. These controls are;
- Infrastructure systems (sanitation systems, etc.)
- Fire control
Ekomim provides consultancy services about passive system parameters for energy efficiency. These parameters are;
- Location of the building in the site
- Direction of the building
- Form of the building
- Building envelope
- Solar control and natural ventilation systems
Ekomim provides feasibility study services for renewable or alternative energy systems.
Ekomim provides consultancy services from the first design decisions phase of the building until the end of the construction phase for energy efficient design. In addition, consultancy services are provided for the determination of the roadmap to be able to achieve energy efficient design scenario.
After building design phase:
It is possible to get consultancy service about energy efficient buildings after design phase. This service is provided by analyzing the existing situation.
- Services for determination of the post-design condition by detailed building performance simulation tools in the buildings with completed preliminary design.
- Consulting services for improving the designated building energy performance level.
For existing buildings:
Consultancy services are provided about energy efficient improvement for existing buildings.
- Consulting services to develop design scenarios for determination of energy performance levels of the existing buildings and for improvement of tehse levels.
- Services to propose solutions in order to achieve the most efficient improvement method by testing the scenarios with simulation tools.
Building Integrated Renewable Energy Systems
Consultancy for selecting the appropriate renewable energy systems (feasibility study):
- Consulting services for the determination of the systems that can be integrated to the building in accordance with climatic zone, function and requirements of the building.
Performance evaluation with the building integrated renewable energy systems:
- Consulting services for comparing building energy performance level in terms of energy and cost through renewable energy systems and conventional systems, and so for selection of appropriate systems.
- Services to determine the payback period.
- Services for life-cycle cost and its effects analysis.
Energy Certification/Energy Performance Certificate
Determination and/or improvement of the energy performance level that will be documented by “Building Energy Performance Certificate”:
- Services for taking energy performance certificate for new constructions and/or improving energy class of buildings for either new construction building designs and existing buildings.
Building Energy Modeling and Simulation
Building energy modeling provides to identify building’s energy behavior during or prior to construction before the building is opened fo use. In this way, the parts of the building that need increased efficiency in terms of energy can be easily detected.
It is possible to prevent energy waste that results from inefficient systems use, wrong material selection and wrong applications by validated detailed energy simulation tools.
Over the first situation observations, this time it is possible to display the amount of energy savings and also its monetary value through the simulation of improvements.
In simulation tools to represent the detailed information of the building in accordance with the original building will bring the results closer to reality. For this reason, Ekomim prefers to use computer tools that can picture the complex geometry, function, user parameters, electrical and mechanical systems, material characteristics, climate conditions of the building in detail.
In addition, the consultation given by Ekomim will guide to increase the score in LEED and BREEAM in the most important title energy, and also will guide to get score for internal environmental quality/thermal comfort titles and sunlight credit.
According to all of these, Ekomim provides services to do and report necessary energy simulations for buildings in design phase or existing buildings. These necessary simulations are important for;
- Determining the building energy class,
- Improving the building energy class,
- Energy modeling appropriate to green building certificates, such as BREEAM, LEED.
Eko-Bina tasarım ve danışmanlık hizmeti:
Eco-Building design and consultancy service:
Consultancy services to design the most appropriate building in terms of;
- Thermal, visual, auditory comfort
in accordance with the known ecological building certification systems.
These services covers;
- Comfort analysis to ensure the optimal level for user comfort by using climate, audio, lighting data via simulation tools and certification systems, and determining the appropriate comfort levels and designing buildings in accordance with these levels
- Or consultancy service in these issues
R & D Projects
Executive service for R & D projects about energy and ecology fields in buildings.
Architectural Acoustic Design and Consultancy Services
Room acoustics studies:
In general the purposes of acoustic design in halls are; providing the best hearing and perception for listeners, the best understanding of speech sounds (high percentage of intelligibility in all listener points), preserving the natural quality (clarity, voluma, spectral features, etc.) of the music sounds depending on the intended use of the space. To this aim;
- The target is application of projects in terms of optimum form and material choice that provide the values which are determined by national and international standards and regulations at design stage both with the help of geometric analysis and computer-aided modeling techniques.
- For existing buildings, after existing conditions are determined by acoustic measurements, improvement recommendations are developed to provide benchmark values.
Noise control studies:
As it is known, the first principle to provide auditory comfort is; to provide sufficient protection and prevention to all kinds of sounds that can enter from outside, other internal spaces, and inside of the space itself and will affect listening, perception and concentration of users. Today the increasing population of cities causes the expansion of industrial areas and leads to an increase in the noise level created by the means of transportation. Changing and developing construction techniques in buildings leads to widespread use of lightweight building components and this condition causes to solve noise problem during deisgn stage as a priority issue. To this aim;
- Proposed solution services provided to determine sound insulation level of facades and to improve it in case of need.
- Acoustic measurement and analysis services include making measurements in laboratory conditions for both determining existing noise levels affecting the building and product development.
- Air conditioning systems create the mechanical system noise problems that affect the building and its environment. In various units located inside and outside of the building; to prevent the noise problem derived from very high level air based sounds, structure based sounds, and mechanical vibration based sounds; services are provided as wall insulation and vibration insulation of power stations, sound absorber plenum chambers abd the other structural preventions are provided in mechanical center for improving methods to reduce the noise problem, implementation and application control of these systems.
- According to the Control and Evaluation of Environmental Noise Regulation, if necessary; noise mapping and barrier preparation, evaluation of barrier performances by accounts or measurements services are provided.